View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #59
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work you rescuers do. I'm really frightened for the future, for it just seems like rescues are filling up, and I wonder if some people are taking more dogs then they really want just because there's little choice. This is one of the reasons I get upset about people breeding indiscriminately. Good breeders seem to be cutting back but the byb's are forging ahead, try to earn a little extra spending cash. I wish all breeders would feel responsible for the future lives of every pup they produce, and every pup, their pups produce, for it just seems that most byb's encourage other byb's to breed. I believe that unless you really love the breed, and really have something to offer the breed, you should not be breeding.
Nancy, I wish you would also post this in the DAWG thread and maybe just maybe it will get through to at least one person who is thinking of breeding without any research, studying, training etc. I will never forget the weekend I had 17 dogs and was still getting phone calls as there were only two of us in all of Arizona doing Yorkie rescue. It was TOOO MUCH but it broke my heart to have to say no, knowing some little one was going to be put down.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!