View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I think pp pads are wonderful.. but taking them ouside to potty is not going to hurt them but help them train and help youself..
I had kacee oh so tiny in march.. 1.7 pounds at 12 weeks.. but he soon learned that if he had to go he went out and did it fast so he could come in.. he has never been pp pad trained.. and I have to tell you at the time where I lived.. it was often like 40 below.. but I at the time knew nothing about pp pad training..
I have two babys now.. one year and one 10 months.. oh boy mariska goes out to poop in the morning and then runs into the house to use the potty pad to pp.. she is not getting both yet.. majik goes out to pp and comes in many times and goes to the pad to poop...
Oh how different they can be.. each there own behavior.. years ago I had pepsie that would poop on the floor and then wake us up to go out side to ppp.. he was two before he finally got it..
But I try not to stress and they do grow up eventually...
I find it very hard to get all of them to go on the pp pad when I am not home.. and then expect them to go out the doggie door when we are.. I had to be hard for them to understand this.. although I do know those that have trained both ways...

anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!