View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
komutanon
Yorkie Yakker

Default Puppy will pee on pad but will not poo (sometimes)

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board and Kimchee is the 1st pet I have ever owned. She's a morkie (maltese - yorkshire) and she's 10 weeks old. She's a tiny little thing (2.6 lbs.).

I've had Kimchee for 1 week now. When I first brought her home I started training her to potty outdoors for a few days. Then I read about indoor training and decided this would better suit us due to the ridiculously cold Chicago winters and my work schedule. I started training her to go on the pads yesterday.

I set up an x-pen around her crate and lined half the floor with pads. In short, she's been doing very well peeing on the pads. Only a few accidents elsewhere.

At night I have her sleep in the crate with the door open so she can come out and do her business. When I woke up this morning I found pee and poo on the pads in her pen. But since then she would only pee on the pads. She's had 2 meals so far.

Just a few minutes ago I could tell that she had to poo because she kept pacing back and forth in the pen and sniffing. She then started getting agitated and whining as if she wanted to poo but was holding it in. It had to be at least 12 hours since the last time she went.

I finally felt bad and took her outside and she went poo right away in the grass.

Is this normal? Should I keep trying to make her poo on the pads? I just don't want her to hurt though
komutanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!