View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #15
Judy in Waco
Gizzy & Kandi spoil me
Donating Member

Thanks everyone! She's home and doing much better. She's not eating except for trying to chew off the bandage they wrapped around her little leg after they took the IV out. She was happy to see us and immediately wanted John to pick her up.

They gave her atropine (not sure of the spelling) to help raise her heart rate, so we'll be checking when it wears off in a few more hours. If she can keep her heart rate up, then the vet says that she'll be fine. If not, then we have instructions to take her into the ER vet. He left instructions with them just in case.

So, we're holding her a lot and offering lots of water. Hypoglycemia has never been an issue for this little girl, so the not eating doesn't worry me. Plus, I think the IV had some nutrients in it. Is that right?

Thanks everyone! We are doing a big cleaning and searching of the house this weekend to try to figure out what happened. In the meantime, we're limiting her movements and watching her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!