Thread: Is it true?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Blister -you are going to have to explain this to me. Why " if you already have an overly aggressive dog, it's probably not something to encourage." is this not ok.

I have an overly aggressive dog and I work with overly aggressive dog it is the best way to drain energy with a dog and in the winter when they are not out that much it is majorly important.
Also it is a great way to teach off, leave it , back, teeth off and self control which many aggressive dogs need. It even great to teach adog that is possesive aggressive that if they give up the toy that get a treat and they get the toy back and the game continues they do not give it up easy the game ends.
There is no reason not to teach a dog tug unless they have a medical conditoin that affects the neck and back so that they will do harm to themselves by playing the game.
So your reasoning for not teaching this to an overly aggressive dog and what is an overly aggressive dog any way is???

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!