View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
xtine
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Your daughter is a beauty!

I may not be of any help, but let me tell you I was actually in that same position (i'm not a mom, i meant i was like that too)

When i was 12 i always thought i looked ugly and i felt really ugly too, only because I wanted to "fit in" and be cool like the cool kids.

I was never cool lol, I always was concerned about my weight even though i was a twig. I also think that unfortunately society really plays a role on our teens these days. The image that really skinny is in, i have nothing against really thin women, because i used to be pin thin as well. I just don't see how Lindsay Lohan or Hilary duff or even Nicole Richie is healthy skinny. Especially the way they lost all that weight and very fast.

I agree with everyone when you should still encourage healthy eating habits and exercise. But of course never crash diet or anything. You are a great mom for being concerned. I wasn't really close to my mother and that's probably why we are so close now only because i shut her out when I was younger. I grew up way too fast.. i miss rollerblading with my friends.. never having to worry about my image.

ok i totally went off topic, lol don't mind me. but your daughter is beautiful and she shouldn't change!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!