View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
PlatinumYorkies
Monte, Mone't's Joy!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi's_Mommy
My daughter is 11 1/2 and she is totally obsessed with her weight. She has very round cheeks and thanks she is fat. Aside from her round face she is very petite.
I am very petite, but I'm not strict with myself. Hell, I can't even make brownies without eating half the pan.(yes I'm serious) I have never brought up weight with either of my girls, I think they are both beautiful, so why all this sudden is she so down on herself. I am a little worried, she told me she wants to go on a diet. I cook healty meals so I don't see any reason for a diet.

Someone PLEASE give me some advice.
Here is a picture of her.
First off let me say, she is a very pretty, little girl.

I think it has nothing to do with you.. I think it might be her peer's as well as society. You know the thing's she see's and hear's. When you have 1 story after another about a woman weighing 135, but just lost weight 30lbs. Self-esteem play's into it a lot. Diet's aren't good for anyone, especially a growing teenager, who may have lot's of hormones. I think you should have a talk with her and see where all this is coming from, get her point of view's of what she think a diet is..and let her know about how you cook them healthy food, and that healthy eating is a way to go....Also, get her to show you picture's of what she think's an acceptable body image is..Body image is key. SHow her what you feel, and think a healthy body image is... It doen't have to be a star... :
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!