View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #18
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrazer42 View Post
Gosh! I appreciate you guys so much! I dropped her off about 7:30 and am supposed to call around 12 to see when I should pick her up. She was so scared. she knew as soon as we walked in there. Well, you better believe I'll make them give me med. even if I have to half a pill or quarter one. I signed a sedation thing and one part stated cats will be given an injection for pain and dogs will be given medication at home. The lady told me twice they will give Miley a shot and no pain meds as they don't have dosages for her. What the? So....this is written documentation so they have to give it to me in case they try and say no, right??? Plus I will ask for antibiotics or a prescription! I am soooooo nervous!!
They can easily get out of that if they say that it isn't safe for small dogs. They may not have Metacam there. In that case, ask for a prescription and go get it filled at the vet office up the street or make them find something comparable. They should have other NSAIDs there that they can dose correctly. Some of them are better/safer than others. Ellie got Bupronorphine after her spay because she can't have NSAIDs. She was about 5.8 poiunds at the time and did okay on it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!