Thread: mean strangers!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Abby08
Senior Yorkie Talker

Some people just don't think before the words leave their mouth, and when they do, well, either its too late or they are too embarrassed to applologize and hope it goes away!

Also, folks may not be familiar with how a Yorky puppy or adult looks if it is not in a fully mature grown out coat. I would say most people are just not educated in standard Yorky lore. They could be well meaning too, just don't know what they are talking about,(lady who told you that you were ripped off )
My dog had white hair on her head too when she was young and her hair turned to a nice blond,(she is two years old now).

When my pup was 5 or 6 months old, one of my neighbors whom I hardly see and lives way around the corner, drove by while I was walking my baby and stopped and asked how I got a squirrel to walk on a leash ! She wasn't trying to be cruel I don't think, but if I had been in a different mood, it would have made me mad. My baby dosn't even look vaguely squirrley!

In puppy class there was a gal who had a tiny yorky that looked kinda like it was 1/2 Chihuahua ,hair shaved close too. Her dog was afraid of everything and it was always cowering. One day she looked at mine and made a comment on how tiny her dog was and how big mine was and she was kinda like it was too bad mine was so big! My dog is a normal Yorky in everyway! I bit my tongue and smiled!

Sometimes it is just best to smile, bite your tongue and laugh
You know what your baby is even if every one else does not
Abby08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!