View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
BrendaC87
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup-e-Love View Post
I'm not an expert on male dogs, but I do know that when they are neutered that it is suppose to make them stop marking. But it is not a 100% guarantee that it will stop your dog from marking. I've read where people got their dog neutered, but it did not completely stop the marking, but it did help. Do a search on here for 'marking' and you will come up with a lot of threads on it. I've only been around female dogs. We just got our first male. He is 10 weeks old, so we will be going through this also.
Now that I think about it, my friend's poodle mix was neutered very young but still marks on any clothing on the floor. Good luck on your own boy! By-the-way, do you think you will be neutering him? I am still un-sure about any operation that is not absolutely necessary...

I suspect you are completely right Sweet Apple. He tends to go near the staircase and around the dinning table set. If I can not get him to completely trained though I guess he can only leave his area with a belly band on and must be gated again when no one is home. I had hope though that I will eventually be able to just let him have free run of the whole house.
BrendaC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!