View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
BrendaC87
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need a bit of help with Potty situation please.

Here my situation, I have an 10 month old male. So far he is potty pad trained but only to a certain area. He is constant as long as he is gated and only has access to my bedroom, a large hallway, and the bathroom. He sleeps on my bed and will hop off at night to go potty on the pad so he is completely trained there.

I've read to slowly increase the area but it's not working. As soon as I increase the area to include my living room, he starts to mark the stairs and pees on the carpet out there. He will not go to the hallway to pee on the pad even though its right there. I've been correcting him, "bad boy!" and picking him up and taking him to the potty pad but he doesn't seem to understand.

He is a drinker and will pee in small fast amounts frequently. So he doesn't have to go anymore when I put him on the pad.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I've been thinking about trying to train him to go outside, maybe that'll stop him from going inside but he pees so frequently I'm not sure if that'll work. Worst case scenario I use a belly band when he's out of his area?

Anyways thanks in advance for any input.
BrendaC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!