View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
chloe n kaylee
No Longer a Member

Default Behavioral Changes during heat cycle???

Hello,

I was very proud to say my Maddie is 100% potty trained...... She has NEVER had an accident ( I got her a few months ago when she was 2 yrs old).

I have marble floors in the living room and carpet in the bedroom. I only put pee pads in the living room just in case they miss it will be easy clean up. Maddie has always had free run of the house and NEVER has she peed in the bedroom. Even if she is on the bed, she will ask to get off and when i put her down she will go straight out to the living room and potty on the pads I always knew i could trust Maddie 100% with her potty training.....

Well, she went into heat about a week ago and in the last two days, she has peed 4 times in the bedroom and pooped too ........ nothing has changed in her routine. Only that she has went into heat. I researched some of the symptoms of dogs in heat and read that there are some behavioral changes but nothing specific to potty changes...

Has anyone else experienced something like this with their female yorkies in heat?? and if this is due to her heat, will it go back to normal after her heat cycle is over?

Oh, by the way, i am planning to get her spayed. Just as i was getting ready to research some vets around here (I just moved), she into heat.... I was told i should wait till her cycle is over. How long should i wait after her heat is over?

Thanks in advance!!!
chloe n kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!