View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

Kiss2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I don't think estrogen is linked to aggressive behavior is it? I mean I've never read that spaying is a good option for aggressive dogs, neutering yes, but spaying no. I know female dogs who have given birth will often become aggressive, but this is not from the estrogen, as it subsides somewhat after giving birth, and other hormones become more dominant for a time.
You're right, the estrogens in her would not make her aggresive. But the immediate change in the hormonal balance, due to the non-production of the 20-30 different estrogen hormones and the progesterones could definitely cause significant mood swings. Ask a woman who has had a total hysterectomy what she feels like for the first several months. I can tell you from experience, it is not pretty! Lol
The whole estrogen and progesterone complex has many differing functions that involve not only brain stimulation, but production of other hormones that in essence effect most of our bodies functions. She probably will not be her normal self until all of the estrogens are depleted from her cells; as well as giving her body time to adjust to this new hormonal balance.
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!