View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

When I fist got our three, they immediately went into the expen attached to the front of a wire crate. I covered the crate for warmth and make it den-like. I put a wee-wee pad at the opposite end of the water dish. Then put in a couple chews and toys. I then just kept taking them outside every hour for a couple of months, then every 3 hours and so on. The pad was there in case they couldn't hold themselves and when I had to go somewhere that I couldn't take them, and of course for them during the night. They were never allowed to walk around in the house until they were completely house trained. In the evening when we would retire to the sofa, they would then be allowed to sit with us, but never play. We trained them that sitting on the sofa was quiet cuddle time. Zada will be 5 in Dec. Azrael will be 5 in Jan. and Razael just turned 2 the 5th, and they still get the pads down at night or if left home when we can't take them. We don't sleep with them at all. They sleep in two beds in the dining room kitchen are with the doors to the living room and entry way shut. They have their water, toys, chews and beds and it works perfectly. We take the pads with us when we travel so that when we go into a motel, we don't have to worry about late night potty breaks or early morning ones. We leave them down during the day if it's raining too. We didn't train them to actually use the pads, but if they went on the pad in front of us we of course said "good Potty". We say the same thing when they go outside.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!