Thread: belly bands?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeddenim View Post
so kingston is pretty much pee pad trained. he knows where to go, but sometimes he'll pee on my bed! i don't get it. i don't know if he's trying to mark my bed, or what.

i know he's trained to go pee on the pad because we'll be watching tv together, or taking a nap and he will get up, walk to the bathroom where i keep his pee pad and go there.

my question is why is he doing this? do i need to put a belly band on him? what is the belly band used for and how long can i keep it on him?

i work 9-5 M-F. is it ok to leave it on him for the whole day until i get back from work?

How old is he?

I personally dont like the belly bands for training... I dont get it, its like a diaper for a dog...but they have to learn where to go to the bathroom.. I dont thinki putting a belly band on him when you are not home will teach him anything...

When you are at work where is kingston? Do you gate him off somewhere or does he have run of the house?

I would get an xpen or crate him when you are not home.. or gate him off some where, where he has limited space. Make sure he has potty pad, food water, toys, bed etc...

I crated pnut when he was a pup when I was first getting him to go on the pee pad, then once he knew thats what he was suppose to pee on I gated him in the kitchen, he did better and better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!