View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
IdiotSavante
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help with my six year old?!

Hey friends. Lately my furry daughter has been driving me crazy, so I thought I would ask you all to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Backstory!

For a year, I lived with my Dad and Step Mom in HB, allowing me to pay off some CC Debt that my ex saddled me with. My 2 Yorkies, Emma and Jack lived with us, of course. My Dad and Step Mom took Emma and Jack every morning to the beach, and then again we all went out to the grassy areas around 4pm. My fiancee and I got engaged in June of this month, and decided to move in together. So, in August we moved out of our respective places, and got a nice apartment in the "Via Verde" complex in HB. I built a box with some fake turf grass, and for the first month, Emma went outside and pooped and peed with no trouble.

Well, then another roomate moved in, and all training hell has broken loose. It was a gradual process, but now I'm at a complete loss. She's stopped going on the patio all together, in fact, she seems rather annoyed with that space. We've washed it, cleaned the grass, everything, she really doesn't like the patio now. She started to pee/poop in our roommate's hallway, so we put up a baby gate to deter that, and of course she decided that in front of the T.V. is her place of potty. Now our roommate has been with us for a month.

So, next step was to take her out in the morning immediately, and again in the evening with a usual exercise in the middle of the day. This worked for...a week maybe? So we tried getting rid of the baby gate, and now she's going potty in the hallway again.

I'm trying not to put a band-aid on the problem. I'd like her to start going outside on the patio, versus holding it throughout the day or whatever she's doing now.

I've considered getting rid of the little potty box, as she's not using it anyway, maybe something about it she doesn't like? I'm not sure.

The boy Yorkie is doing well, but I'm sure he just holds it till we take him out. Although I'm almost positive he pees in the middle of the night, on the patio where he should.

I've also tried sitting out on the balcony/patio with her in the morning, and she just won't go.

Anyone have any thoughts at all? I appreciate it so greatly!
Thanks!

-Jon
IdiotSavante is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!