View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
CaraJo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Does she have plenty of chewing toys and chewing sticks? They do a lot of teething the first couple of years, and dogs inherently love to chew, so make sure she has plenty of healthy choices available. Some dogs don't want to poop on the pee pad, and want a separate pad for that, Joey is one of those dogs, he doesn't even like to poop and pee in the same room, or use a pad more than once, but he's getting better. Some people say that a tsp of pineapple with their food prevents them from eating their poop. Pineapple contains an enzyme that helps break down the protein in their food, making it easier for them to digest, the reason they eat their poop is that it contains undigested proteins, and this could be the reason she's eating the carpet, there could be some sort of protein in it. What's kind of food do you feed her? I've read that chicken meal is easier for them to digest, and that means they would be less likely to eat their poop.

Oh, shes spoiled to the core with her little chewy toys. Ya know, she does really good with them---has a few different varieties. Honestly, I just thought about what it could be causing her to eat the carpet and I think I know the culprit! My fiance bought a new filter for the vac that is supposed to weed out pet odor but it has a sweet smell to it, I bet Lillie LOVES it! Heck, I love it! Smells good! (We're going to quit using that!)

On the poop eating thing, I'll try pineapple tonight and see if it kicks in. I give her Eukanuba puppy (Small Breed Petite Race)--she seems to like the food, I've never really had a problem with her eating habits but maybe there's something missing? I also give her a little small lick of Nutri-Cal, gosh she loves that but she can't have too much of that stuff.

I've noticed she's quite the little diva girl. She won't poop in the same room as her food, or the same room as she pees in. It's funny how clean these little pups are, very particular! Thanks for the advice, I'm going to ask the vet on Thursday what he thinks about the lack of protein possiblity!
CaraJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!