View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Have you tried pennies in a can or squirt bottle? Whenever she begins to bark, shake the can loudly w/ coins in it and tell her quiet. Or you can get a squirt bottle and give a quick squirt in the face and do the same thing.

Another good way, but it takes more practice, is to get a friend or someone else to come and knock on the door. Get her used to hearing the door knock so it's not a big deal to her and it's just a natural sound. I say it just takes patience and practice and Sadie is still young enough where you can probably teach her quickly! Don't let it become a habit or it will never stop. Teach her the proper way to greet someone. The best way is to tell people to completely ignore her when she's jumping, licking, etc. She should not get ANY petting, love, affection until she's in a calm state.

Jackson barks at the door when someone is there and I allow it. I don't mind him alerting me that someone is here. After a few barks, if he hasn't stopped by himself, I will just shush him and he listens.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!