Thread: And You Wonder!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
This is exactly what I get so angry about~ For every person that comes on YT to ask for breeding ideas or whatever that are dogs being put to sleep all over this country. I had said it before and I will say it once again. IMO it is not a right or need to breed, it should be something that is well thought out and planned. You need to know what you are doing and need if you don't leave it to the professional breeders who are breeding to better the breed. Just because you own a cut little yorkie does not give you the right to breed.

Sure there are lots of mixed breed dogs in the shelters but there are also plenty of pure bred as well. There are yorkies in shelters as well. They might not all be 4 lbs with a gorgeous flowing coat but who's fault is that anyway................all of the irresponsible breeders that are making puppies not knowing what the heck they are doing or puppymills who are breeding sick dogs. Isn't it too late when they come here and already have a pregnant yorkie who is in labor and they don't know what to do, are in a panic and instead of calling their MENTOR or better yet their VET. Instead they are looking for new friends to walk then through how to birth puppies I'm sorry this is irresponsible behavior no matter how you slice it up.

I stay away from the Breeder Forum because it just makes me want to cry. Some might think it is cute and fun to watch all of the puppies being born from many of these people who do not know what they are doing but to me all it adds up to is another possible statistic. If these same people who are looking for quick free advice have a litter of puppies that are sick are they going to know what to do? Are they prepared for emergencies where the mom cannot or will not take care of the puppies? Are they prepared to take time off work to hand feed and play surgote momma to a litter? What happens if the mom dies from giving birth? Are they prepared? I have seen all of these things happen and it blows my mind! Most of the time I say NOTHING and will not even open those type of posts because I just might say something that I will regret later or even get me bounced off here again. But occasionally, I get pulled in not knowing what is really going on trying to help someone in need.

Here are a few off the top of my head that I have been pulled into

1. My Yorkies are "In Love" and needed each other and I think she is pregnant. This heat can our of NOWHERE, I was meaning to get her spayed but never got around to in in the past 6 months
2. My breeder pal is giving away a bunch of UNALTERED yorkies Want one? BTW they haven't seen a vet in years and live in a shed
3. I don't want to get my 1 1/2 yr old dogs extra teeth removed. She's fine I give her a breath mint
4. I am a breeder this puppy is he really is not mine someone "gave" him to me. He can't walk or stand..........anyone want him
5. This is also my favorite classic...........My female is 1 1/2 and this is her second litter of puppies, I'm not a BYBer so I really need some help.
6. Everyone tells me that (fill in the name) is gorgeous, I bought her from Petland and I want to have a litter of puppies.
7. I found a yorkie in the trash can and she is pregnant with a Rottie

Hmmmm.......wonder why I get so upset

Then from the rescue end we have:
1. He is 13 sick and I don't want him any more. I'm getting a puppy next week and don't think this will work out between the two.
2. I wanted a 4 lb Yorkie and he is now 12.
3. My yorkie pees on the carpet he needs to go
4. Pregnant yorkie found on side of road, not sure who the daddy is and the owner say they are sick and tired of that stupid dog getting out. You keep her!
5. I didn't know I couldn't have a dog in my apartment
6. I just had a baby so we need to get rid of her

Now put all of this together and see through my eyes why I get so upset.

This should be posted where it will do the most good, in the Breeder's section!
It's very sad to think so many wonderful dogs are put to death each year
because they have no homes. Makes me sick to my stomach. That's why
I can't understand the need to continue breeding, any breed, yearly!
Makes no sence. There are so many Oct litter's being born right here on YT.
They should read these stastistics. So many arguments get started over
breeding and it's easy to understand why. You argue on one thread then
move to another and read about all the litter's awaiting to be born
It's a vicious cycle.
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!