View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
Vwitscher
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyVon View Post
i have spent 3 days with her so far. She has made a couple accidents but not to big. i take her potty first thing in the morning play for 30-45 min breakfest outside again than i leave to work shes has done so well with going outside and on her potty pad

she even was following me and straching while i was trying to get ready (boyfriend was playing with her while i was getting ready) and than oooops accident. It was my fault im still learning her signs but now i know now

i learn more and more about her and her needs everyday. im trying to be the best mommy ever bc i love her
Congratulations on your new little girl! She's a cutie.

I usually wait until my puppies are at least 12 weeks old because most yorkies are not physically as well as psychologically ready for successful potty training until that age. That's when it can all come together for them to understand so try not to get too frustrated with it. The biggest thing I can suggest is consistency and to reward success. Ignore mistakes but make a BIG deal about going on the potty pad. She will catch on to what you want from her because that really is the most important thing to them, trying to do what makes us happy.

Last edited by Vwitscher; 09-29-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Vwitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!