View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
There is much information on the internet about deafness in dogs. Here is just one website:
Deafness in Dogs & Cats

You can google 'deafness in dogs' and read much more information.

Welcome to Yorkie Talk. While I am sure your little girl is beautiful, it might not be in her best interest to breed her. While there is no perfect yorkie and a slightly weak topline can be corrected with proper breeding, I would be very concerned about the deafness. A momma yorkie depends on her hearing to know when her babies are crying. Pups cry when they are hungry or when they are cold or when they need to potty and if a momma accidentally lays on a pup she can hear the pup cry and knows to get off of them. If the momma can't hear the pups then the pups might get neglected. My recommendation would be to have further testing done and try to determine the extent and cause of the deafness. Do you think she has been deaf since birth? As for the breeder of your pup, if the breeder sold the pup at 8 weeks then that just makes me think your breeder is not as knowledgeable about yorkies as she should be and perhaps you should seek help from someone more knowledgeable. I do hope you keep us posted on how your little girl does.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!