View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
TurtleDove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Blood Clot, please pray for Ariel

I just came from the vet and the Dr says Ariel is paralyzed on the right side of her body and slightly paralyzed on her back left leg. She still has control over her anals, which he says it's a good thing. He said this is happening most likely due to a bloot clot in her neck area. When I asked for a reason behind it, he said he doesn't know, that it does happen to dogs. When I asked about her recovery, he said there's a 50/50 chance of her losing all function.

This is really stressing me out. She was fine yesterday before bed but when I was about to leave the house in the morning, she was just laying on her right side. She didn't get up and I just thought she was sleepy so I picked her up and put her on the couch while I was getting breakfast. I expected her to sit but she flopped over to the right side. I put her on the floor and tried to get her to run but she couldn't get up which made me believe she broke or misplaced a leg bone. But the Dr says it's her spinal cord.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know what might have happened? She was happy and running around yesterday so this is really confusing/stressing me out

Last edited by TurtleDove; 09-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.
TurtleDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!