View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Herrod View Post
I possibly have a deaf female yorkie. i purchased her about 5 1/2 months ago at 8 weeks. she is gorgeous and fits the standard in everyway except with her soft silk coat and slightly uneven topline. i would love to breed her. she has gorgeous red and steelblue coloring coming through her coat already at 7 months. she only hears certain tones, unable to housebreak because of it. my vet says it is not hereditary. is it my breeders fault? What should i do? She has outstanding lines. Please email me at usnavyboy@hotmail.com with any and al advice that any of you shall have. Daisy May means alot to me and my line. She is really beneficial to my program. Her pedigree is outstanding. My breeder has never had this problem before. She is devestated over this. She is even considering redoing her lines if this turns out to be genetics. Any advice?
While I understand she is a total sweetheart, I wouldn't consider her beneficial to a breeding program. Her structure alone is enough to eliminate her from a breeding program coupled with the uncertainity at present of the nature of her deafness. Enjoy her for what she is...a pet.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!