View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #7
marybeth424
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile Thank you for your help and concerns!

Good Morning everyone! Thank you so much for all of your advice and concerns for Molly. I was finally able to get her into the vet and was somewhat surprised with our findings.
1.) Just as I had suspected earlier in the month, Molly was having an allergic reaction to my Febreeze Plug-In's! I have one in our living room, kitchen and Hallway. The doctor gave her an antibiotic shot, a b-12 shot and I was told to give her a little bit of childrens benedryl. As soon as I got home I took out all of our plug ins and she is doing much better! It took her about 1-2 days to rid of congestion but as i said she is doing much better

2.) I also found out that Molly was experiencing a "false pregnancy." Molly just came out of her heat cycle about 3 weeks ago. Since then she has been very hormonal/emotional and acting very different. Our vet mentioned that every once in a while a dogs body will automatically "assume" it is pregnant and it's hormones will react. He also mentioned that since her nipples are already enlarged she may experience lactation.!!! Also, if you are wondering...she is not pregnant!

All in all, i am very glad i was able to take her to the vet and learn that everything is going to be ok! With the combination of a "false pregnancy" and her allergic reaction...i definitely had an adventurous week last week
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!