View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
Yorksrule
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminvstr
you can perhaps tell show potential at about 3-4 months show quality isnt before 6-9 months at best...your hoping for the best at 8 weeks, many things can change in conformation, coat and teeth between that time and 6 months!

you mention all shots yet you are sending them on their way at 8 weeks...first 8 weeks is far too young to send them off second you would have to had started shots at birth to give 3 shots (that is what a pup requires) shots are not effective until at the earliest 6 weeks so I dont understand!! Also they are spread out in 3-4 week periods... your statements do not make sense!
IMO show potential means a pup has a possiblity of being a potential show dog. If the parents & grandparents are show quality more than likely the pup will have the pontential to be a show dog. I did not mean to start a debate. I have nice pups & wanted to state that.
About the shots, actually the pups will not be done with all shots until they are about 1 year old, so I guess I should have said shots will be started & I would expect the new owner to continue. I will start shots at 6 wks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!