Thread: Seizures
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofee View Post
Yesteray my four lbs, four year old, female Yorkie Holly had three seizures within four hours.
She had an upset stomach on and off all week. The vet said it was from low sugar. We had to leave her in the emergency room all day.
We picked her up last night, it is almost 24 hours since her last seizure.
Has anyone every had this happen?
well given the age could be epilepsy as well was it a grand mal or petit mal? grand mal they convulse all over and petit mal they fall on side and go stiff -- make sure you do not feed any food with rosemary in it and no treats with rosemary - check everything you have given to make sure no rosemary. Did the seizure happen after eating? If blood work and bile acids are all normal then I would suspect epilepsy as epilepsy usually happens after 3 years of age in dogs. A 4lb dog is not usually going to go hypoglycemic -- If it is epilepsy dogs do much better on a grain free diet and you can join the canine epilepsy group on yahoogroups.com to learn alot about it

I do know a liver shunt dog that was just diagnosed at age 3 with 3-4 shunts and seemed normal up until some diarhea so it is still possible to have a liver shunt at 4 years old so this definitely needs to be ruled out to be sure
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!