Thread: sick?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Eva just went through 3 weeks of drops in her ear for ear infections. Wasn't until it started to cause her nose to run and she became a bit flu like that the Vet looked really deep into her canal and sure enough they were red, so they swabbed really well and found the bacteria and yeast. I found that the ear that was the worst was so sore that i could barely get the dropper in. I had the vet assistant show me how deep I could go and it was pretty deep, so with her bad ear I had to not go in so far at first but squeeze more in then tip her head around to help work it down the canal. After about 3 days of getting the drops in deeper I could go right in and give a good squirt and she fellt much better. Took well over a week for the nose to clear.

Oh and my vet told me not to clean Eva ears, that most ear cleaners would cause burning and then going in the second time with the drops would be even harder. I really wanted to clean them because they were smelly but I held off. I think it may have helped.

Hope your baby feels better soon.

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!