View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Welcome to YT! Potty training can take 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 years or 65 days, lol. There is no set rule that they flunk out if not trained after a year, or that they can't be trained after 6 months.

It is possible she is marking, has she been spayed?
It really does take consistency and patience, I have four dogs ranging from 2 years to 14 and I still praise them when they go (not every time but at least once a day) They are all trained to potty pads/grass and to go outside when I am here. It didn't happen over night.

IMHO, if you are going to pay someone again to help you with the training, I would highly recommend you find someone that will come to your home
and help you do the training.

Also, I noticed you said you carry her inside every time after you've been out. I would not do that, let her walk outside and also let her walk back inside when she is finished with potty.
Sorry I forgot to add if you carry her around all the time to avoid the accidents, she'll never learn what is expected of her as far as potty habbits go.

Have you tried potty bell training? We have a search function at the top of this page, just type in bell training, potty bells etc, you will find a lot of great info

Last edited by AprilLove; 09-27-2009 at 05:21 PM.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!