View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
JaimieMalone
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanietoo View Post
It is very hard to potty train an older dog but it can be done. It's very hard to give advice based on your post. Was this dog older when you got her??? In the 40 years of raising dogs (several different breeds) I have found that if they aren't trained by 6 months you may have to live with an untrained dog. You could always use diapers when shes running around in the house to insure she doesn't soil the carpet
She was 4 months old and I got from a breeder who told me that she was crate trained and on her way to house breaking...yeah rt.! I have tried indoor grass which she did pee on but not poop and the smell was too hard to deal with even after cleaning every 2 days. That smell just didnt come out...As I said she went to a trainer...they tried to target train her to go in one place in the yard...she didnt do it for me but has found 2 different places she likes on her own. I know she is smart b-c she does some basic commands like come, sit and walks on the leash and stops on command. I also know she very stubborn but know that is a terrier trait b-c I have a 14 year old Schnauzer. I am getting ready to spend more money on another very experienced trainer to see what he thinks.
JaimieMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!