View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

I will definitely get something to line the bottom, probably a rubber mat. It is a very deep white acrylic sink that is textured slightly on the bottom so it isn't slippery, I think she doesn't like the drain plug so that will get covered by the mat. As for treats we do that, sometimes she takes them sometimes she won't. I use a pull out sprayer on the soft spray, I do head last(though I like the idea of doing the head first, reason being she never gets a proper face wash because by the end I don't want to keep stressing her out, also she actually likes when i fuss with her face and clean her eyes and ears, she usually falls asleep). I mix her shampoo in a cup full of water and just poor it all over her then rub her down then rinse. Sometimes I have filled the sink and began with just placing her in. She is then soaked instantly and i drain the water, pour on the soap, scrub and rinse. It is much faster and she does tolerate it better but it takes a lot of water to fill the sink and I feel wasteful because she is so small and the water is only in there for 30 secs. I like the idea of the harness attached with a leash to the tap. She has pretty good leash manners so this may help. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try some of these for sure and hope for the best.

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!