View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I think you have a huge misconception as to why new breeders 'get flamed,' as you put it. If someone's is breeding just to take money and their dogs' best interests come second, then yes, they are likely to receive criticism. However, when someone prepares in advance, works with vets and mentors, take the time to select quality stock that is free of genetic issues, and breeds for purposes other than "I want my female to experience motherhood" or "everyone thinks my dog is so cute and they want one of her puppies", then they recieve loads of support.

What you most remember is, every member here LOVES Yorkies--they wouldn't be members if they didn't--and the best interests of the dogs and the breed in general is usually their main concern...the feelings of breeders comes second. So yes, when someone comes on here, not prepared, putting their dog's lives at risk and breeding dogs with hereditary issues--as it appears you may have done--then they are not likely to recieve high praise for their actions.

Out of curiosity, the dog that you have bred--is this your female Pocky that has the hernia?

Last edited by BamaFan121s; 09-25-2009 at 04:49 AM.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!