View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
yorkiepocky
Yorkie Yakker

Default My dog has tied the knot.

My dog has tied the knot a few days ago with another male yorkie. It's only been a few days but I want to be fully prepared. I have been reading up on a lot of information online and been on message boards reading.

I've decided to post here to document the progress.

From what I've seen online of non-breeders would who post online asking for advice, they'd get flamed because they see their dogs like sewing machines, but please understand it isn't my intention and goal. I plan on getting my dog fixed after its first whelp.

Our mating was completely planned and the litter is only reserved for family members...I can't bear the idea of selling off a pup to a stranger not knowing how they're doing. Each of my family members want and can take at least two puppies and they have fairly big houses, so I know that giving away puppies to strangers won't be an option.

I have actually taken some time off from school and will be able to supervise my dog full time. During the whelping I will also be having a friend who is experienced, but I want to be prepared myself.

Here are some resources that I have found regarding care of a pregnant yorkie.

1) ANNWN YORKSHIRE TERRIERS - Annwn Yorkshire Terriers Breeding Menu
2) Great blog on breeding - Teacup Yorkie Dogs|Archive|Breeding
3) Vet Partner - Pregnant Dog Care - VeterinaryPartner.com - a VIN company!

What books would you guys suggest that are specifically for yorkshire terriers? From pregnancy to whelping, etc.

It's been almost three years since I have last posted here. So here's an update: Pocky has grown up to be perfectly healthy. Her mother is also with us and we recently had her fixed. As for their food, we mix it around with some homecooked organic meals + Wellness Chicken/Oceanic formula (100$ a bag, haha....).

Last edited by yorkiepocky; 09-24-2009 at 10:16 PM.
yorkiepocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!