Thread: Meet Scout!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
zuzismom
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Meet Scout!

My husband and I just adopted a little Yorkie boy on 9/16/09. He was a stray that was picked up in Glens Falls, NY by animal control. They dropped him off at a local vet where he was neutered and given his shots. He was really matted and full of fleas so now he has a puppy cut.

The vet thinks he's around 2 years old and weighs about 10lbs. He's very skinny right now and could use a little weight on him. We know that he's young and still has some puppy attitude in him. He loves people and other dogs which is great. We have 2 Labradoodles and he is getting along well with them. He does have some guarding issues when it comes to food and high value objects like a toy. He doesn't have a problem with people taking it away from him, but he doesn't like the other dogs getting too close.

He has too much attitude that could get him in trouble with my much larger dogs. Liberty is 85 pounds and she likes to try to get him to play. She nudges him with her head. He rolls over and try to nip her ankles to play. It's cute.

http://travellerlibertyscout.shutterfly.com/29#33 here is my shutterfly site with some pictures.

We love the little guy. He likes to snuggle with us and sleeps like a champ. We lost our little girl, Zuzi, in July and we so missed having a little one around the house. I found Scout on Petfinder.com and we're very happy.

Shelley
zuzismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!