View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
buster84
BANNED!

Default How to fix a Serious Barking problem

I have yorkie that is about 2 1/2 months old now. He has always been a barking puppy, but recenly (last 2 weeks) its been so much worse. He wakes us up every hour on the hour for consistent barking from 5am to 10am.

I bought a playpin for him that has his bed, toys and his pad. At first someone suggested a bark collar, I purchased one from walmart, not realising exaclty what it did and it shocked the puppy every time he barked. The first time he barked he got shocked, barked again right away shocked again, kept barking for 30seconds in till the collar shut off. I then took the collar off and returned it. I then bought the Citranella one because it seemed less humane. We'll now i wish i kept the electric one, but the one i had made the charge worse with each additional bark. The Citranella one worked wonderfull for a week. I put the collar on him when i left, and fell asleep. This week he outsmarted the collar. Everytime i refill it and put it on, he continuisly barks intill it runs out then stops, then barks again 2-5mins later. Like he's saying haha i win.

This dog is supersmart and the smell doesnt bother him at all anymore and im really thinking about going back to the shock collar. I seriously need him to stop barking i live in a small 1 bedroom aparartment and have been getting in trouble for the barking. He will bark the whole time i'm in class and i don't know what to do. I have tried the water bottle trick and it doesnt work either. Is there an electric shock collar made for small yorki puppies that give him a small jolt and not something that will hurt him?

Anything else i can try to fix this issue?
buster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!