View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
tallulahsmom
No Longer a Member

Default Coarse hair, shedding and oily messy coat?

Tallulah's hair around her mouth and eyes is really course and some of it is broken/split. She looks kind of tattered and messy in the face. She is only six years old. I have also noticed significant shedding from her coat in the past six months. I groom her at least once a week but usually twice a week. She currently eats Iams dog food for small breeds. When we got her a year ago thats what they had her on so I just never changed it. But now that she is shedding I'm not sure she is getting the nutrients she needs. The hair on her body is soft, but not really silky. I have also noticed that her body hair is nice immedietly after I brush it, then it's all shaggy and messy again within one day. Also, after I bathe her she looks nice, but by the next day her hair is greasy looking. I use a shampoo and conditioner I bought from petsmart. Her previous owner said that she didnt have teary eyes and that she should be fine if I cleaned her eyes once a week. But her eyes are tearing up and filling with so much goop that I can't even keep up with them. I'm cleaning them everyday and the area around her eyes just seems to get more and more brown. I'm not sure if its the products I use that are causing these problems or if I'm just not grooming her right. My last dog was a bishon so this is fairly new to me. I want Tallulah to look pretty not old and tattered. What am I doing wrong?
tallulahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!