View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
pheonix
Yorkie Yakker

Default Devestated! Coco is missed by all!

We recently lost our 10 month old little guy. He was such a joy and brought so much into our household. I got him for my wife to keep her company during the day and of course he got into my heart in no time at all.

Before long we got a second yorkie, (Tiffany) she was one month older and they were inseperable.

We live in a small contry town and on September 7 the 2 munchkins bolted out the door when my wife went to let the cat in. She went right after them but Coco darted out on to the road and was hit by a truck! Linda was devestated! I was too but felt I had to be strong for her.

she was holding his poor little body in her arms and covered in blood. She had tried to give him mouth to mouth but there was no hope. I will never forget that sight.

I buried him on our property under a new apple tree and have a stone angle watching over him. It helps to know he is close.

But as sad as we were it was Tiffany's reaction that blew us away. While I dug his grave I laid Coco in his bed. There was some blood on it so we washed it. We couldnt bear to throw it away yet so I placed it in front of the fireplace with 1 of his toys.

Tiffany who had been so lost went up to the bed sniffed it a lot where the blood had been and looked at us and a tear was coming down her face!

You cant tell me they dont grieve for their companions! Some may say yorkies tear any way and it was a coincidence but we dont think so.

It has been a very very hard couple of weeks so far! My heart broke that night and there is such a hole there now. My heart goes out to all those here who have also lost one of their "kids"

Thanks for listening.
pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!