View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
blancla
YT 1000 Club Member

Question Can 12 week old have collapsed trachea?

You all might remember that I rescued a 7 week Yorkie from a horrible breeder about 5 weeks ago. She was covered with fleas and had very low blood sugar. I rushed her into Food Lion and got some Karo Syrup and gave it to her. The following morning I took her to the vet where they gave her some flea treatment and a shot of B12 since she wasn't eating. Well about 3 days after that visit she developed a cough. The doctor has been treating her for kennel cough. Our first medicine was albon and hydrocodine. Then the second medication was albon and Torbutrol. Well, now she is on amoxicillin, temaril, torbutrol, and chloreniramine. The vet said that if all of this medication doesn't work, he's going to have to x-ray her for pneumonia. He also said that it could be a collapsed trachea. However, she isn't coughing or acting like a collapsed trachea. I was wondering if they could get that this early. Any advice on how to treat this other than the steam of humifiers, and the medication is greatly appreciated. I just want her to start getting better. By the way, she doesn't act like she is sickat all. She barks, plays and everything.

Last edited by blancla; 09-23-2009 at 07:01 AM.
blancla is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!