View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #71
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I can tell you this. I would NEVER make light of a situation like that. I had NO idea how bad it was and IF the original post conveyed it, then we all missed it. Things like that do happen. What is important is that we all now know what is going on. Yes, a few of us are clowns, but it is not "making fun" of anything...it is our humor. That's all.

Anyone on here who really knows me, knows what I went through during the past year after being hit by Hurricane Ike. I am not going to post about that because it is all over now and it is not the topic. I am merely making a point that I do understand disasters.

As for someone to continue to say how awful we were, I am sorry you feel the way you do. Hopefully, you will think about it and see that there was no ill intent. You said you were perhaps cranky...I don't know. I just know we are not evil people here.

Not one of us had ill intent. Things happen that are often misinterpreted.

I do hope that everyone is ok...that really is an awful situation in GA. What is particularly sad is that I will bet that many of those people do not have flood insurance. I have seen this happen before in areas that are not flood prone....and insurance companies do not cover flood damage.
I'm sorry I didn't convey the seriousness of this situation...I thought I had...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! What a nightmare. The schools here are closed because of "rain!!" (Buses cannot get through). Three people have died, several sink holes and fallen trees, power outages, lots of damaged homes and vehicles!!!Prince and I are fine, but nervous.

Anyway, you are right about the flood insurance. I don't think any of the people who had damages had flood insurance. None! In certain areas, houses are beyond repair, some have nothing left but the foundation. They had several insurance reps on the local news stating that without flood ins., there's nothing they can do. There are a lot of devastated people here.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!