View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #6
kat618
YT Addict

I would call the VET back and tell them you had an AH-Ha moment and belive that the worms are not the normal baby worms past from the mom but actual tape worms caused by fleas as you have found out the breeder had a flea problem, and tell them you want to bring in a poop sample if needed so he can be treated for tape worms as he has NOT yet been treated for that specific worm. If he tells you no, that he will see you with his next vaccine visit, then this is your baby and you are is only Advocate so I would find a new vet ASAP and when you call to make an appt ask if they will review a poop sample with a new puppy, if not that is not the vet for you keep calling until you find one that does.

My vets office actually told me when I had called back to "stop freaking out, it is just worms" and will be resolved eventually. When I demanded the poop sample be reviewed and found out I was right it was tape worms which he had NEVER been treated for, I flat out told them I was obviously not "freaking out" but cared enough to keep pushing for his sake to get to the right answers....there response was that from my descprition of the worm it did not sound like a tape worm to them, I told them that is why the professionals (the vet) should be the one looking at the poop to make the correct diagnosis and not me.....I left that day and never looked back!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!