View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #5
Pup-e-Love
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat618 View Post
I went through this and I feel for you!!! There are different types of worms, worms that are caused by fleas are tape worms and are totally different then the worms that are passed by the mommy. Tape worms are caused by fleas and you have to use a TOTALLY different type of dewormer to get rid of them. I left the VET we had used for over 3 years over this issue. He said the same thing that he was de-wormed by the breeder (which he was) and he had de-wormed him on his first vist and could not de-worm him again until his next visit......he never asked for a poop sample and after I kept seeing worms I was livid....not only is it gross and upsetting to see, but to think your baby must be miserable inside and the vet do nothing.....anyway after much research found out there was a difference and it took different medicine to treat we switched vets, she gave him a pill specfic for tape worms, and of course topical flea medicine and never had worms again.
Thanks! I suspected the worms came from the flees. What should I do at this point? Call and ask for a pill? Should I get some over the counter wormer stuff also? This is sooo frustrating!
Pup-e-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!