View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
How does this "false" pregnacy work exactly? They gain weight...make milk...and try to deliver though there is nothing there to deliver?
With a false pregnancy, a female may have many of the symptoms of being pregnant, but does not have a labor or try to deliver. However, at the end of the "pregnancy", the female may adopt a toy as if it were her puppy. After a few days or so, she gets back to her normal self. All dogs may act differently however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisjdb View Post
Ok...so we are back from the vet. We did not end up getting an xray. However, the vet did a very good check of her and said that she is absolutely not pregnant. She said she could feel her uterus and there was not anything in there.

She was very surprised that she had milk come in as she said she has never had a dog go that far into a false pregnancy. I feel bad for my girl.

Thank you for the advice!!
Well, I am sorry to hear she is not PG. Hope you are not too disappointed and hope that she does not feel the loss of having no pups. You may want to watch her closely through the end of the 63 days.............just in case you have a surprise. I've seen it happen before.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!