View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

Sophie did this when we first began taking her places. I read on here that car seats help so we bought a Snoozer Lookout II and she LOVES it. She falls asleep most of the time and the carsickness is down to a minimum. We also make sure to "condition" her to car rides by just taking her out as much as we can, even on short trips to town. Also, make sure not to feed her too much before going out. I try to take Sophie's food away roughly 1 hour before we go out. I take treats and nutri-cal with us on trips, even short ones, just in case she needs something quick, but she usually does fine. I also recently started to carry a stainless steel bowl and some water in a thermos and I let her have some. That has helped, too. You can also try keeping the window down a little bit or keeping the air conditioner on her during the trip, that seems to help a little, too. Saturday we went on a 30 minute car ride to Jackson and then out to several places while we were there and then 30 minutes back. Total, she was probably riding in the car for 2-3 hours because we went to so many places. The only thing she did was drool, which I can handle, but I'm hoping it stops eventually, too. She still gets sick a few times, but it's not bad at all. Most times, she just drools. Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to detail everything that has helped us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!