View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Isn't that so scary? I think I would leave the trees though as the hawks can't swoop down if trees are in the way. It's when it's all open and fields that they can swoop down! In June when my puppies were newborn, I was in the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I saw a bird and I looked out and a small hawk landed on the edge of my pool with something in it's talons. I think from the corner of my eye that it grabbed another bird but I swear, it looked like one of the puppies. I practically had a heart attack. Now mind you, the puppies where up in my bedroom in their whelping box but still.... I looked out and the hawk must've seen me so it flew down into the neighbors yard behind me. My son and I went out to try to get him to drop whatever he had but when we headed that way, he flew off. Of course, I had to check my puppies even though I knew there was no possible way it had opened my bedroom window....
I never noticed them before but now that I have small dogs, I'm always looking at the sky. My six year old even tells people I'm always worried about hawks!
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!