View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisjdb View Post
My yorkie tied three times July 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. She has been showing all the signs of pregnancy. My vet does not believe in x-rays unless he believes there a potential problem. I live in the country so I don't have many choices when it comes to vets.

If my girl is pregnant she is on her 59th day. Her temp goes up and down. She is between 100.8 and 99.3. She has milk and her tummy is swollen. However, she is my first girl that I have not been able to feel the pups. She is a bigger yorkie, but I am worried because I don't feel movement.

I am contacting the vet tomorrow, but this is bugging me to no end. This will be her first litter. My other yorkies are 5 and 6 pounds, so feeling movement isn't an issue.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Being her first pregnancy, she could be carrying just one pup. Is her belly very big? But even with just one pup I would think you sould see or feel movement by now. She may also be having a false pregnancy. I would definitely take her in and insist on an x-ray. If there is just one pup you will want to know; they have a tendency to be on the bigger size since they all all nutrients and room to grow to themselves, so you need to know whether a c-section may be needed. Good luck to you and please keep us updated.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!