View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
rentfrog
YT Addict

Preston's coat did the exact same thing right before he turned 2 years old. I asked the vet, he had no answer as everything was normal (skin, etc) asked his groomer, she had no answer, as everything was normal. I thought maybe his harness was breaking his hair, changed harnesses, it kept spreading down his back. The harness made no difference. Slowly it spread to about 2/3 of his back that had darker hair, and stayed that way for a long time. He is now getting these coarser hairs intermingled in his lower back also. As it has grown longer, it is silver toward the roots like the old hair, but it is coarser than the old hair, and straighter. It is still silky and nice, not really a coarse hair, but it is a thicker hair in diameter and lays better. Now that it is turning silver also, it is blending better with the other hair, and looks better than when it first started. Since the vet and groomer both feel it is "just the way his hair is changing" I am not so worried about it anymore, but do wish it would hurry up and all turn. LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!