View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashabear0430 View Post
My yorkie may have a liver shunt. She is going to be 5 months old on Sept. 30 2009. A month ago, she had ALL of the signs of a liver shunt and was so sick, I thought she was going to pass on. Luckily, the vet prescribed two medications that help her liver do its job. She is great on the meds but without it she becomes very sick. I need to know if she will be ok. I don't know anyone who has a yorkie with this problem so I have no one to go to for answers besides the Vet. I'm only 16 and am currently looking for a job. My parents have already spent well over $1,000 on her hospital stays. THe surgery will cost between 3-5k. I dont have that kind of money now. I can't travel to Ten. either. I do pan on having the surgery if she does have a liver shunt, when I raise enough money. Will she live a yorkie life span, or will her life span be cut short? WIll she need to eat prescription food forever? Will she be ok??
Thanks,
Monica
you need to get her to tennessee to dr tobias for surgery and she can have a normal life and surgery is much cheaper there than california -- Can you get CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures ? If not you really need to think about giving her up to a rescue that can get her this surgery I hate to say that but have known alot tht have not made it without the surgery and if they do not get surgery sometimes they will throw more shunts so it is something you really need to make sure you understand

join this group on yahoogroups.com this is all they deal with and they will be able to help you as well - join tonight and learn as much as you can

Liver_Shunt_And_MVD_Support@yahoogroups.com

how did they diagnose liver shunt through bile acid tests? scintigraphy by dr broome in tustin? I live in cali too and my dog has mvd

what meds is your dog on lactulose and denamarin? are you feeding L/D?
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!