View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
he runs around biting and on our feet and ankles when told too stop he growling at us and he knows what he's doing because when caught he'll run away.. i use a very firm voice with him because i want this behavior too stop he's alo growling in mean way when he's playing with his toys he'll stop biting then and pulling them and growling and shacking then in a face pace..cobys very smart for his age and dosnt act like a young baby..
he's very sneaky and when caught doing something he shouldnt be doing he'll run fast too get away.. however i wanna stop these behaviors very fast.. what do i do this is my first time pet dog owner?
He is just a tiny baby at only 9 weeks old and since he was removed from his mom and sibling way too early you will have to work to show him that his behavior is not appropriate. Cody has been through a lot in his few weeks with you. When he is acting in a way that you do not want distract him with a toy. If he is biting at your ankles and growling offer his a toy to bite and play with. Another thing that you can do is to turn your back to him when he is acting this way. My Pebbles was taken from her litter mates too soon and has issues to this day. I believe part of her problem comes from her first home and their inexperience just compounded her issues. She is a little over 2 now and I have to work with her all of the time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!