View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
trin7
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarr View Post
I had my cat long before I got my puppy. I think he was 10 when we got Isla. So it was more a puppy trying to play with a cranky 'ol cat. The cat is indifferent to the dog and long as she leaves him alone. If anything Isla will chase him and try to play with him but Baxter wants nothing to do with it! I think it would be different if a kitten were coming in after the dog was already there. They could end up good buddies! But the previous poster is right about the claws! I know alot of people don't agree, but you could always have the cat's front claws removed if you were worried about that.
A kitten and Yorkie should get along just fine - might be a few small scratches in the beginning but they'll teach each other what the limits are. We have three cats, a 110 pound Pyrenees (supervised always) and our active 5 month old Yorkie - they let each other know what they can get away with. Please don't declaw as it is an amputation done at the cat's nuckle - some cats are left in pain for the rest of their lives. Good luck if you do add a kitten to your family!
trin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!