View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:04 AM   #14
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
You certainly aren't alone but I would also suggest you get a second or third opinion to be sure. I had trouble starting in my mid 20's but the doctors I saw wouldn't do anything other than birth control pills because of my age...said I was too young for menopause...they should have told my body the rules! Anyway, I had a partial hysterectomy a year ago in May and a total hysterectomy last February 5th and it was the best day of my life! I feel wonderful and life is so much better when you're pain free. I thought I had back problems and couldn't lay on my left side or my stomach...once the hysterectomy was done I can lay any way I want and no more pain in my right side...no more discomfort and crankiness. Sure, I have hot flashes but they can be dealt with...I consider them a fair trade off for the pain I was in and I also live in Illinois and hate the cold so they will come in handy mid winter!

I joined a site that might help you find information and support, you might give it a try: Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters

Also, don't be afraid to seek counseling before you make any decision about this...if you feel you need it. This is a huge decision for someone your age. I never had kids of my own and I always wondered why I wasn't 'allowed' to be a Mother but little did I know what was in store for my life. When I met my husband (of 29 years now) God saw fit to give me a step son who needed me and later chose me to be a foster mother to countless children who needed me. Sure, I never 'gave birth' to them but my life is now filled with children and grandchildren...and I feel great!
What a wonderful post and you are a great lady! We never know what is in store for us but I do believe there is a reason for many things...just can't figure them all out. I also had a hysterectomy when I was 31 and while I missed not having my own children my family and friends shared all of their children with me. Aunt Boo Boo took the kids for vacations, helped out with college and was always there for them. I know it is tough not having children but I don't feel we should be defined by the ability to have them or not. There are many children that need our help either with adoption, or foster or Big Brother/Big Sister etc. I chose to help yorkies and deal with the ones with lots of issues..this is my pass it on.

I agree with getting a second opinion but I do know life is to short to be in pain all the time nor are you living a full life if you constantly regret what could have been.

The only real complaint I have was that I had to start to shave at a very young age. Most woman don't have to do this until much later in life...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!