View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

You certainly aren't alone but I would also suggest you get a second or third opinion to be sure. I had trouble starting in my mid 20's but the doctors I saw wouldn't do anything other than birth control pills because of my age...said I was too young for menopause...they should have told my body the rules! Anyway, I had a partial hysterectomy a year ago in May and a total hysterectomy last February 5th and it was the best day of my life! I feel wonderful and life is so much better when you're pain free. I thought I had back problems and couldn't lay on my left side or my stomach...once the hysterectomy was done I can lay any way I want and no more pain in my right side...no more discomfort and crankiness. Sure, I have hot flashes but they can be dealt with...I consider them a fair trade off for the pain I was in and I also live in Illinois and hate the cold so they will come in handy mid winter!

I joined a site that might help you find information and support, you might give it a try: Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters

Also, don't be afraid to seek counseling before you make any decision about this...if you feel you need it. This is a huge decision for someone your age. I never had kids of my own and I always wondered why I wasn't 'allowed' to be a Mother but little did I know what was in store for my life. When I met my husband (of 29 years now) God saw fit to give me a step son who needed me and later chose me to be a foster mother to countless children who needed me. Sure, I never 'gave birth' to them but my life is now filled with children and grandchildren...and I feel great!

Last edited by my2boyz; 09-18-2009 at 04:34 AM.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!